In this post we are going to see what in my opinion is the best WordPress theme. In this case I could not stay with just one, because it depends on the type of web project we want to do, budget and knowledge, it would be better a theme or another. So we will see which is the best WordPress theme for SEO, the best free theme and which is the best theme easy to use.
Best free WordPress theme
What I consider the best free WordPress template is GeneratePress, developed by Tom Usborne. It is a very light, fast and SEO focused theme, which makes it the best WordPress theme for blogs or any website where loading speed and search engine optimization is a priority.
Some of the main advantages of GeneratePress are:
- Fast loading speed.
- Very clean code.
- It is a very secure and stable theme.
- Fully responsive, it adapts to any type of device.
- It is compatible with the most popular WordPress plugins.
- Works perfectly with page builders.
- It is easy to use for non-advanced users, but if you have coding knowledge the possibilities are endless.
This WordPress theme is free but if you want to get the most out of it I recommend upgrading to the premium version.
Download the GeneratePress theme and try it for free to see what you can do with this theme.
Best WordPress SEO theme
Both the best WordPress theme for seo and the best free WordPress theme are the same, it is as we have seen before, the popular GeneratePress.
The free version is pretty good, but the premium version improves it a lot. It’s the one I personally use and that’s why I recommend it.
GeneratePress has a block editor called Generateblocks, it is very light and SEO friendly, with it you can do a lot of things.
From an SEO point of view it is better not to use a page builder, as they ussualy are heavy and can slow down websites a bit, plus they don’t have such a clean code, but if you want to use one, GeneratePress is complemented very well with Elementor. Generatepress is possibly the best WordPress theme for Elementor.
The WordPress plugin Elementor is a page builder tool to design websites in a more visual way, no coding knowledge required, using drag and drop. It comes with pre-designed templates to get your website up and running quickly.
Some of the features of GeneratePress premium
- Technical support. It has very good technical support. Any questions I have asked have been answered quickly and efficiently.
- License for 500 sites. You can use it on up to 500 different websites.
- Upgrades. You will receive all the new updates and improvements.
- Addons. Many customization possibilities with the 14 addons that you can activate or deactivate as you need.
- Access to already designed templates with or without visual builder.
- 30 days money back guarantee. You can try it for a month and if you are not convinced, which I doubt, you get your money back.
- Reasonable price. It costs about 50 euros per year (for renewals there’s a 40% discount) or about 210 euros forever.
Weak points of the best WordPress theme for SEO
- GeneratePress has a minimalist design, it could be short for some kind of web project more demanding with the design. But easily solved by installing one of the plugins: Elementor or Divi Builder.
- The free version is a bit limited. For a serious project I wouldn’t waste time and would go with the premium version.
Best easy to use WordPress theme
If you want to create websites quickly, easily and with a nice design, and you are not so concerned about SEO, in my opinion the best WordPress template is Divi by Elegant Themes, with the page builder that includes you can create web pages without having to edit any code and in just a few clicks using the templates it incorporates.
It is not as light as GeneratePress, something that can make the page not loading as fast. You don’t need to have knowledge of code, since you will create any type of website in a more visual way and with a more modern design.
Some of the things that Divi offers
- Visual drag and drop builder. To create web pages easily and without editing code.
- Pre-designed templates or layouts. Divi comes with a large number of integrated designs to create a website in a short time.
- Upgrades. You will constantly receive all the improvements and updates.
- Premium support. Includes technical support that always responds quickly to any doubt or incident.
- Unlimited license. You can use the license on as many websites as you want.
- Access to premium plugins: Monarch, Bloom and Divi Builder.
- Compatible with the most popular plugins.
- 30 days money-back guarantee . You have one month to try it and in case you don’t like it, you get a refund without any questions asked.
- Reasonable price. It’s worth about 75 euros per year or about 210 euros forever.
If you want to try it, here is a link to Divi.
Weak points of the best user-friendly WordPress theme
- Its weight. Divi is not as light as GeneratePress. Although if you optimize it well and use the right plugins it can have a good loading speed.
- If you decide to change theme, when using the visual editor, it may leave some code and shortcodes, something that can be solved by using the Divi Builder plugin in the new theme.
Combining the two best WordPress themes
Combining Divi and GeneratePress is something I’ve done and the results are quite good, as we combine the lightness of the GeneratePress template with the ease of use and pre-designed templates that Divi includes.
Both WordPress themes are very good and no matter which one you choose you will be happy with them, because of the technical support they offer and the quality of their themes and plugins. If you choose GeneratePress you will only have to decide if you want to use a page builder like Elementor or Divi Builder or if you prefer to build your web pages without using any of them. If Divi is the chosen option, you can start with one of their layouts or start from scratch with the visual drag & drop builder.
Give them a try, they both come with a money back guarantee so there’s nothing to lose and a lot to win!